Places to see in Munich
- “Marienplatz” (S7 from Neuperlach Süd, 17min.): City Main Hall, Frauenkirche/dome (With a total of 43 bells, the carillon rings daily at 11 a.m. and 12 p.m., and from March to October also at 5 p.m.), Alter Peter (church), Viktualienmarkt (market), shopping, pedestrian precinct Kaufinger Straße
- “Karlsplatz/Stachus” (S7 from Neuperlach Süd): Fountain, Karlstor (gate of the old city wall)
- „Odeonsplatz“ (U5 from Neuperlach Süd, 14min.): Feldherrnhalle, „lucky lion“, residence, Theatinerkirche (yellow church), Hofgarten (garden of bavarian king’s time, also departure for walking to English Garden – the big park of Munich 3,75km2), Maximilianstrasse (luxury shopping)
- Olympiapark/BMW Welt (U5 from Neuperlach Süd to Odeonsplatz, then U3 to Olympiazentrum, 30min.): the old soccer stadium, Olympia tower (182m high, with good weather seeing the Alp-Mountains), the park and buildings were made for the Olympic Games in 1972
- Marienplatz (all S-Bahn/U3/U6 Marienplatz: town hall – old and new one (With a total of 43 bells, the carillon rings daily at 11 a.m. and 12 p.m., and from March to October also at 5 p.m.) at the new town hall),
- St. Peter’s church (climbing the tower for an amazing view), Viktualienmarkt, Frauenkirche – the dome, Kaufinger Strasse to Stachus – the shopping mallFrauenkirche & Marienplatz
Sightseeing by Strassenbahn (MVV)
- Tram 19 Max-Weber-Platz to Hauptbahnhof or the whole route (and back)
Do you like more sightseeing experiences with public transport? Tram 16 also has a lot to offer. And the bus 100 is not called the "museum line" for nothing. Or a lap on bus 54? This route is also worthwhile.
- Tram 16: https://www.muenchen.de/sehenswuerdigkeiten/sightseeing-muenchen-tram16.html
- Bus 100 – the museum’s line: https://www.muenchen.de/sehenswuerdigkeiten/sightseeing-muenchen-mit-bus-linie-100.html
- Bus 54: https://www.muenchen.de/sehenswuerdigkeiten/sightseeing-muenchen-mit-bus-linie-54.html
For visiting Munich City it’s recommended taking a MVV-ticket for a whole day “Tageskarte”; the value of the ticket is until 6am of the next day within the white zone “M” of MVV (please compare MVV map): https://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/maps-stations/maps/index.html You need cash (coins or bills 5€/10€/20€) for the ticket machine. Language change to English is possible.